Acupressure is an age-old therapy in Asian and Chinese medicine that channels healing in the body by focusing on the various acupoints located in the meridians and channels of the body. It is similar to acupuncture, except that no needles are used in acupressure.
There are basically 12 meridians in the body and it’s believed that energy levels or life force flow through these meridians. These meridians also connect the different body parts and organs thereby creating the entire body system.
When any of the 12 meridians go out of balance within the body, it causes illness or injury. When acupressure is administered on these acupoints or meridians, it helps restore the balance and channel the flow of positive and negative energy within the body. It’s also believed that energy can flow from the therapist’s body to the patient’s body.
So, the entire concept of acupressure lies in the flow of energy within the body and balancing the same to restore physical and mental health and wellness.
The therapy has multiple benefits for overall body functions. Some of the benefits are-
1. Relief in nausea and vomiting symptoms caused due to different medical or non-medical reasons.
2. Relief in pain in different body parts such as headaches, migraines, shoulder pain, knee pain, etc.
3. Acupressure promotes anti-inflammatory effects and relieves the irritation caused due to inflammation in the body.
4. Relief from mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, stress, etc.
5. Channelizing the bones and muscles for better functioning and relieving certain types of arthritis.
So, there are multiple benefits of acupressure and you can move towards a healthier body and lifestyle by balancing your energy levels.
We heal you naturally, Don’t be a slave to medicine !