Sinusitis is the most common chronic disease. It is the inflammation in the spaces between forehead and nose called sinuses.It causes the swelling in the tissue lining of the nasals. Normally sinus is filled with air but as soon as it gets swelled up, it is filled with fluid or mucus which attracts dust particles, viruses, bacteria or allergies.
It is also called as rhinosinusitis, as due to the inflammation in the inner lining of sinuses also causes the nose and areas near it to swell up.
In this condition the mucus doesn’t gets the way out of body and gets blocked which causes the nose to get stuffy and makes it harder to breathe or smell.
Causes of sinusitis
The most common conditions that cause sinusitis are:
- Swelling in the inner lining of nose or sinuses
- Common cold
- Dust particles or viruses can cause mucus to build up in the inner lining
- Respiratory tract infection
Symptoms of sinusitis
The most usual symptoms of sinusitis depending upon the type of it. Signs for both chronic as well as acute sinusitis are almost similar yet can be treated if diagnosed as early as possible.
- Stuffy and runny nose
- Fever (in case of acute sinusitis)
- Nasal blockage or congestion
- Headache, toothache and facial pain
- Swelling around eyes
- Cough and sore throat
- Bad breath
- Heaviness in head
- Nasal discharge
Allergic reactions are the most usual yet unpredictable. One should know to recognize the condition type of a certain allergy before it gets wild. Allergies are most probably linked with immune system. The stronger the immune system, the lesser you catch allergies. There are so many reasons behind an allergy but the common one is dust, pollution and sometimes medication. Dust is what leads the mucus membranes of nose and forehead to inflammation, causing the stuffy nose and swelling on the face. Any kind of infection or allergy may spread into the nasal passage and lead to sinusitis.
Sinusitis if not taken seriously, might lead to eye or skin infection sometimes weak eye sight. It might also cause deviated septum (bone that divides the nose into two nostrils).
Cure sinusitis with the help of naturopathy
Naturopathy treatment is known for its behavior of killing the roots of the disease. It cures a person from within. It is the traditional way of treating any disease with natural methods. It is the process of removal of all the toxic factors that are responsible for the disease.
- Eliminating foods that cause the building up of mucus in the body is the most key step of naturopathy treatment. Some of them are dairy products etc.
- A strong immune system is the second key of this treatment. The stronger the immune system, the lesser the infections or allergies. Few modifications in the diet as well as lifestyle are necessary for a stronger immune system.
- Intake of lukewarm fluids such as boiling water, green tea, hot lemon water etc. for the thinning of mucus and which may slowly terminate out of the body.
- Terminate the use of fruits and juices to reduce the formation of acidic substances in the body.
- Steam bath for clearing out the mucus/toxin through skin with the help of essential oils. It very much aids the congestion and infections.
- Soft massage over the sinuses for 5-10 minutes softens the mucus and improves the blood flow in that region. You can also put the drops of mustard oil or rosemary into the nostrils to help open up the nasal passages.