Colitis is a term used to describe inflammation of the colon. It is a chronic digestive disease characterized by inflammation of the inner lining of the colon and associated with diarrhea. Often auto-immune or infectious. There are different types of colitis and Individuals with colitis may have mild, moderate or severe colitis. Its treatment varies depending on what type you have.
Traces of Colitis may include
Depending on the conditions, one may experience as below
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Diarrhea with as well as without blood
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent fever or chills
- Movement of bowels/ Sudden changes in bowels
- Pains in body joints
- Sudden weight loss
- Rectal bleeding
- Swelling of the colon
- Other symptoms may vary from depending upon its type such as acidity, bloating, indigestion etc.
Types of Colitis and their causes
- Ulcerative colitis: It’s an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and an autoimmune illness in which the colon is attacked by a weak immune system.
- Crohn’s colitis: It’s an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and an autoimmune illness which involves any part of the digestive tract from the mouth, stomach, small intestine and colon. In this the abnormal tissues affect the normal ones.
- Ischemic colitis: Ischemia means a deficient supply of blood to a body part or a blockage in the arteries resulting in the inflammation of the colon. It leads to fever, pain and diarrhea (it may contain blood).
- Infectious colitis (Viruses, parasite infections): Many bacteria reside in the colon. Infections can result if a virus, bacteria, or parasite invade the small and/or large intestine. This is caused by consuming contaminated food and water resulting in bloody diarrhea and dehydration.
- Microscopic colitis (Lymphocytic /Collagenous colitis): In this the inflammation is caused when the colon wall becomes engorged with either collagen or lymphocytes. Major symptom is that the Diarrhea is watery and non-bloody.
Treatment of colitis depends on its causes. Diarrhea should be treated cautiously examining the type of colitis.
The most effective treatment is said to be in a form of naturopathy as it heals the root cause of colitis and major dietary changes in your lifestyle are recommended
Importance of yoga in the treatment of colitis
Researches have shown that yoga is said to be the most powerful treatment of all as it promotes a better health and relaxed mind, it also improves an individual’s quality of life.
Yogic practices like breathing exercises, meditation etc. stretching poses help in strengthening the body which results in a strong immune system.
The psychological aspects of one’s body is also said to be the major cause of some diseases. And yoga is the only feature that can cure a disease psychologically and reduce the stress from our lives.
Why five lotus indo German?
Five lotus Indo German Nature cure Centre cures chronic ailments as well as lifestyle disorders through natural ways resulting in the improved quality of life. We don’t use any chemical drugs or invasive techniques, we treat through globally accepted ancient Indian techniques and modern extensions.
Our qualified Naturopathy Doctors design specific therapies for each individual that include treatments as per Naturopathy, Ayurveda, Therapeutic Yoga and Nutritious diet for every individual as per the treatment. Providing a patient with a proper Diet and lifestyle plan which keeps the body free of toxins is the hallmark of naturopathy.